Ewals Logistics Control is a separate affiliate of Ewals Group, a family owned business with annual turnover exceeding 600mEUR. Ewals Logistics Control provides both neutral (4PL) and asset reliable LPP solutions for different customers in Europe. With its 15 employees in the headquarters in Tegelen (NL - Venlo) and around 25 employees in the Control Tower in Sofia, the Ewals Logistics Control team is since 2004 a leading provider of LLP solutions.
This vacancy is for a function in the LPM (Logistics Partner Management) department of Ewals Logistics Control. The LPM department is responsible for the following services: procurement, network design & optimisation, contracting, carrier performance management, claims management, business intelligence, master data management, first line system support, customer experience and continuous improvement.
For our head office in Tegelen we are currently recruiting a fulltime
(Jr.) Operational Engineer
In this function you are the connection between users, the applications and the ICT-development team.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Key user operational systems
• Act as key-user for the operational systems
• Responsible for base data maintenance for the operational systems
• Support in preparation of test scripts and testing if required
• Administrator regarding user profiles and authorizations
• Handling mailboxes regarding operational issues
Implementation of new business
• Gather all relevant information and make sure all involved parties are informed; client, suppliers, carriers, x-docks, e-LC
• Ensure all necessary changes and adaptions are made to the operational systems of e-LC
• During start-up period be key contact for all parties involved and if necessary taking care of operational activities
Development of operational systems
• Actively participate in working groups
• Pro-active provide ideas for system development
• Set-up and instruct training programs where required
Improvement of current processes
• Analyze the performances and check possibilities for improvement. Set up and implement changes if required
Whom are we looking for?
We are looking for a candidate with a finished HBO (or similar) education (e.g. ICT, business economics, logistics). Additionally 2 to 3 years of experience in a similar job is preferred, in which there was a strong focus on your analytical skills. You are in possession of ICT knowledge, and you know how to make the translation between user and information technologies in a structured manner. Experience in Quintiq, Cordys, Liferay or Business Objects is desired. It is also an advantage if you have an affinity to logistics. You are fluent in the English language. Furthermore you possess the following competences: hard worker, team player, communication skills, problem solver, result driven and being able to think out of the box.
Skills / experience
• Operational experience in international road transport and logistics
• Experience in working as a key user for operational (e.g. planning) systems
• Experience in presentation and raportation skills
• Experience with PC and applications
• Working accurately
• Analytical, process and statistical skills
• Knowledge and interest in operational systems
• Good communication skills
• Higher knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel)
What are we offering?
A pleasant work environment, in which we continuously strive for innovation. This creates new challenges with a dynamic, broad set of tasks. The atmosphere within e-LC is team spirit, entrepreneurial and informal! We offer competitive labour conditions and give a lot of attention to personal and professional development.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this vacancy and you would like to receive more information, please contact Mr. Joris Huijs (Continuous Improvement Engineer, +31 (0)77 320 2213 or Mr. Bas Schoone (LPM Manager, +31 (0)77 320 2504). You can also directly send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of Mr. Wilfred Klaassen, Sr. HR Officer.
back to Job info